IEP, a Malaysia-based industrial electrical power products, electrical distribution system and power distribution equipment, provides a variety of solution across all industries for indoor and outdoor application, ranging from extra low voltage, low voltage (LV), medium voltage (6.6KV/11KV/22KV/35KV).
Heat Shrink Medium Voltage Joints
CJ 3A20 series joints are three core armoured, 5 kV to 35 kV heat shrink joints for XLPE and EPR extruded dielectric, metal tape and wire shielded power cables. The CJ 3A20 series joints are supplied with three single core joints, a galvanized steel wraparound armouring system and a railed wraparound sleeve with stainless steel channels to form the outer jacket.
Features and Benefits
• Fast, consistent installation means lower installed costs
• Installation environment: use of torch adds flexibility to cable preparation in any climate
• Heat activated seal ensures maximum protection against moisture ingress
• Custom tailored with options to your exacting needs
• Lightweight construction requires no additional support
• Wide cable ranges for reduced inventory requirements
• Tough abrasion resistant outer covering protects against damage from improper backfill
• Slim profile allows installation in confined areas
• Rated to IEEE 404-2000
The CJ 3A20 series joints were design tested to IEEE 404-2000 at an independent laboratory as single core unjacketed joints. This represents the worst case condition as the joints submerged under water were not afforded the added protection of the CJ 3A20 series joints with wraparound outer jackets.
Test reports are available as follows:
• CJ 3A820 series: HVS020079
• CJ 3A1520 series: HVS020080
• CJ 3A2520 series: HVS020081 and HVS020083