Heatshrink MV Terminations
IEP DSG-CANUSA The CT series heat shrink cable terminations rated 5 kV through 35 kV are designed for single and three core, non- shielded, metal tape, drain wire shield, bare and jacketed concentric neutral and LC type shielded cables. The terminations use heat activated mastic seals that unequivocally bond to plastics and metal to provide excellent protection against moisture ingress. The electrical stresses at the semicon cutback point are controlled with the use of a proven, stress control tube and stress control sealant that provide a smooth, void-free interface and a redundant seal. CT series terminations are designed with a non-tracking outer insulating material that offers resistance to UV degradation and a self-cleaning outer surface that prevents build up of environmental contaminants to eliminate sources of tracking.
IEP DSG-Canusa Heat Shrink Medium Voltage Cable Terminations
IEP DSG-CANUSA CT Series Heat shrink cable terminations for 1/C and 3/C, 5kV to 35 kV shielded and non-shielded power cables are used in the electrical utility market. The CT series heat shrink cable terminations rated 5 kV through 35 kV are designed for single and three-core, non-shielded, metal tape, drain wire shiled, bare and jacketed concentril neutral and LC-type shielded cables.
CT 3G series
Heat shrink cable terminations for three core armoured and unarmoured 5 kV to 35 kV, copper tape, drain wire and UniShield® XLPE and EPR power cables for the electrical construction market
Features & Benefits:
• Fast, consistent installation means lower installed costs
• Heat activated seals ensure maximum protection against moisture ingress
• Installation environment: use of torch adds flexibility to cable preparation in any climate
• Light weight construction requires no additional support
• UV resistant, non-tracking outer tube for long life, even under adverse conditions
• Slim profile allows installation in confined switch gear cubicles
• Rated to IEEE 48-1996, Class 1
The CT 3G series terminations were tested to the requirements of IEEE 48-1996 Class 1 at an independent laboratory.
Test reports are available as follows:
• CT 080 series: HVS020075
• CT 150 series: HVS 020076
• CT 250 series: HVS020077 and HVS020083
• CT 350 series: HVS020078