Heavy Duty Socket & Plug
IEP Marechal Heavy Duty Socket & Plug
Specially designed for heavy-duty industries
Marechal started the DECONTACTOR™ in 1953 with the DN range. As the first industrial plug and socket-outlet equipped with an integral switching device, the DN is still the perfect heavy-duty solution: in its metal version, it offers great resistance to mechanical shock, heat and chemical agents.
In addition, it withstands high overloads conditions. IEP Marechal Electric DN plugs and socket-outlets are designed to last more than 20 years in difficult environments.
Heavy Duty Socket & Plug
• From 20 to 150 Amps – Voltage up to 500Volts AC (except DN9: 415V) and up to 130 Volts DC
• Integral switching device as defined in clause 2.8 of IEC/ EN 60309-1 standard
• Equipped with silver-nickel butt-contacts and metallic braid for added reliability and lifetime
• Active parts protected (IP2X finger protection with open lid)
• Unique keying system allows discrimination between 16 different power supplies (voltage, frequency, AC and DC current) except DN9: 4 different power supplies
• Number of cycles under normal operation and overload conditions from 2 to 8 times (depending on rated current) more than those required by IEC/ EN 60309-1 standard
• Version with 4 auxiliary contacts (DN6: 90A/ 500V)
• Automatic IP54 and IP55 watertightness as standard
• Casings made of glass fibre reinforced polyester (20 A) providing excellent electric insulation, high resistance to corrosive, UV and chemical agent environments and high mechanical resistance (IK08 impact resistance)
• Casings made of anti-corrosion treated metal (20 to 150 A) providing high temperature resistance and excellent mechanical resistance (IK09 impact resistance).
• Ambient temperature: -40 °C to +60 °C (for temperatures outside this range, please contact us)
• Spring-assisted terminals unaffected by vibrations and thermal cycling
• Self-opening lid; self-returning lid on request
DN decontactors comply with:
• The IEC 60309-1 International standard and EN 60309-1 European standard (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes),
• The European Low Voltage Directive (decree N°95-1081 dated 3rd October 1995),
• The French decree N° 88-1056 dated 14th November 1988 relating to workers’ protection,
• The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy,
• The load breaking capacity according to utilisation category AC 22 of IEC / EN 60947-3 (switch standard).