LCS3 Networking Solution
Rising volumes of data exchanged, increasing numbers of networks, the need for higher speeds and the density of equipment all make it necessary to have more reliable, secure, and high performance electrical and digital building infrastructures. LCS³, IEP-Legrand’s new structured cabling range, is especially designed to meet these needs.
It offers numerous advances in terms of performance, scalability and efficiency. The new connectors can cope with the most critical environments, with copper solutions as high as Category 8. LCS³ also includes a considerably expanded fiber optic offer, allowing speeds of as much as 100 Gbps. As well as innovations in terms of ergonomics: our new structured cabling solutions are modular, easy to install in enclosures, and optimized for maintenance.
COMMUNICATION NETWORK, BUILDINGS – DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURES
IEP-Legrand’s provides complete ranges, to meet three requirements:
– Network performance
– Network protection
– Accessibility of the infrastructures inherent to the communication networks of service sector buildings (offices, hotels, shopping centres, university campuses, healthcare establishments, etc.)
IEP-Legrand LCS³ Structure Cabling System
IEP Legrand’s LCS³ System offers you copper and fiber global solutions for structured cabling both in Data center and LAN, with the highest level of performance.
- Copper System – 25 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet applications
- Fibre Optic System – 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps Ethernet applications. Legrand’s copper LCS³ cabling system consists of patch panels and cassettes, connectors, cables and cords, plus RJ 45 sockets
- Fibre Optic and Copper Systems – MTP/MPO high density and up to Cat. 8 solutions for maximum performance
Copper System Cat. 8
The new toolless Cat. 8 STP connectors with transmission speed (bit rate) from 25 Gbps to 40 Gbps, are integral to the performance of the new LCS 3 system.
- Cable & connector compliant with ISO/IEC 11801 standards – third edition
- 8 toolless connector: Tested up to 2500 connection/disconnection cycle
- A perfect connection in just a few seconds
Features & Benefits:
To maximise performance, combine the Legrand Cat. 8 connector together with the Legrand Cat. 8 cable supporting up to 40 Gbps over a single cable. The Cat. 8 cable is terminated with an improved dedicated RJ45 connector which can support future performance.
The performance is 4 times better than that of a Cat. 6A cable with up to 2000 MHz bandwidth.
- Double screening to avoid interference and loss of data
- Dedicated to higher capacity in data centers and equipment rooms
- Compliant with ISO/IEC 11801 standard – third edition
Patch panels: freedom of configuration
Compatible with all cabinets and enclosures, LCS³ patch panels are available in straight and angled versions.
Straight panels are available empty (to be equipped), equipped with cassettes with connectors, or equipped with cassettes without connectors.
Equipped with the new-generation Soluclip system for simplified installation, LCS³ angled patch panels take up to 24 Cat. 8, 6A, 6 and 5e connectors. In the high-density version, they can take up to 48 Cat. 6A, 6 and 5e connectors in the same space (1 U).
Cassettes: continuous performance with the greatest of ease
Able to take up to 6 Cat. 5e, 6, 6A or 8 connectors, cassettes have numerous advantages: integrated cable guides for optimum cable management, individual connector removal for continuity of service, individual cassette removal by simply pressing the button for ease of maintenance, coloured labels for easier circuit identification, etc.
And for twice the performance, opt for the high-density cassette and its capacity of 12 connectors in the same size unit!
Copper System RJ 45 Connectors
The New Toolless Connectors with toolless fast connection are available in all categories for installation both on patch panels and in the workstation. Ensuring a perfect connection in a few seconds, guaranteeing optimum performance (up to 40 Gbps) of the link from the patch panel to the workstation.
Quick and easy to install thanks to toolless connection, they are available in all categories, and are colour-coded for ease of identification:
- Cat. 5e: grey
- Cat. 6: blue
- Cat. 6 A: yellow
- Cat. 8: turquoise
Conform to ISO/IEC 11801 – 3rd edition. Tested for 2500 connection/disconnection cycles.
Cables and cords: connection for all categories
Key elements in the installation, cables and cords create contact and distribute performance.
Available in all categories, the LCS³ offer comprises:
– SF/UTP, F/UTP, U/UTP, F/FTP, U/FTP and S/FTP cables
– Straight RJ 45/RJ 45 patch cords in F/UTP (foiled), U/UTP, SF/UTP and S/FTP versions
With copper LCS³ solutions, you can achieve very high speeds to suit the needs of highly critical sites!